The Press Secretary will work closely with the Party Chair, and senior staff to create and execute effective communication strategies that promote the State Party’s policy and campaign priorities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of communications and public affairs experience.
- Strong writing experience and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Project management skills.
- Strong relationships with the New York City Press Corp and the LCA preferred.
- Ability to work flexible work hours as needed.
- Oversee media relations for the NYSDC and the State Party Chair
- Writing, reviewing, and editing press releases, briefings, and other relevant party materials
- Work with Executive Director and political team to develop and coordinate communications strategy
- Serve as State Party spokesperson, and manage on-record conversations with reporters and other members of media
Pay Range: $5,000/mo to $7,000/mo + benefits. Actual pay will vary based on various factors, including but not limited to experience.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and cover letter to apply
The New York State Democratic Party is an equal opportunity organization and we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, non-disqualifying disability, gender identity or expression, familial status, genetic information, veteran status, military status, or upon any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.