The Regional Political Directors (RPDs) will serve as the principal points of contact and political advisors to their respective regions on behalf of the New York State Democratic Committee Coordinated Campaign. RPDs should be self-starting strategists who are motivated to do the hard work to elect Democrats in New York State.
- 2-3 cycles of campaign experience on a competitive Congressional or State Senate race in New York State; senior staff or management experience is a plus; ties to or work experience in Central New York, the Hudson Valley, or Long Island will be highly valued
- Experience managing a team of staff and volunteers; prior work managing consultants and vendors is a plus; experience as a field organizer or director is a plus
- A strong ability to demonstrate cultural competence and the skills needed to work meaningfully with those who are culturally different from the self; a commitment to fostering a positive working environment grounded in the ideals of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Highly organized work style and a strong ability to multitask and communicate across teams
Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to build relationships, listen, collaborate, and lead with respect and professionalism
- Work with local stakeholders to identify off-year priorities and opportunities for party building
- Develop data-driven programming that reflects the strategic objectives of the coordinated campaign; establish clear metric goals to track our progress and ensure success
- Support existing efforts to elect Democrats in 2023 by working with down-ballot campaigns as well as Democratic county and town committees
- Manage staff and vendors (organizers, paid field, media and mail firms, etc.) as necessary in order to execute successful base-building programming
- Liaise with local activist and labor groups to ensure effective communication and collaboration
Pay Range: $6,000/mo to $8,000/mo + benefits. Actual pay will vary based on various factors, including but not limited to experience.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and cover letter to apply
The New York State Democratic Party is an equal opportunity organization and we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, non-disqualifying disability, gender identity or expression, familial status, genetic information, veteran status, military status, or upon any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.