As Trump Eyes Another Presidential Run, Here Are All The Times Zeldin Has Helped the Disgraced President
For Immediate Release: November 4, 2022
Zeldin Facing Growing Criticism for Dangerous Stance Favoring Arming Teachers in the Classroom
New York, NY - With Trump looking to run again in 2024, it’s important to remember that Republican gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin has never been closer to the disgraced president.
Here’s a recap of how Lee Zeldin has stood in lockstep with Trump:
- Flaunted Trump’s “complete & total” endorsement for governor despite Trump being widely unpopular across the state.
- Zeldin and White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows exchanged texts in order to push election conspiracy falsehoods and plan a public campaign to discredit the 2020 election results.
- Zeldin was the “point man” during Donald Trump's impeachment trial and defended him more than any other Republican.
- Zeldin voted in line with Trump’s positions nearly 90% of the time in Congress.
- Before the dust had even settled after the Capitol attack on January 6th, Lee Zeldin voted with insurrectionists and Donald Trump to throw out the 2020 presidential election results.
- Zeldin voted against the creation of the January 6th commission and suggested as recently as this past summer that we’ll “never know for sure” who actually won the presidential election.
As Donald Trump is under investigation for putting national security at risk, Zeldin has consistently doubled down on defending the scandal-prone President.