Effective Date: February 1, 2021
- How We Collect Information From You
- Information You Directly Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, make a donation, send us an email, sign up to receive updates, request information, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, communicate with us via third party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, address, phone number, email address, mobile number, credit card information, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide. In addition, the New York State Board of Elections may require us to collect certain personal information from donors.
- Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to mailing list providers and publicly available sources. We may also use this information for list matching purposes
- Information You Directly Provide to Us
- How We Use of the Information We Collect Through the Site
We may use the information we collect about you through the Site for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your emails, comments, questions and requests and provide customer service, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with news and information you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- How We Share the Information We Collect Through the Site
- Third Party Vendors and Service Providers. We may share your information with vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to the applicable information to carry out work on our behalf.
- Promotion of the Party’s Political Objectives and Compliance with Legal Requirements. We may share your information with (i) candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among these groups; (ii) other participants in a joint fundraising committee; and (iii) to report required information to the New York State Board of Elections.
- Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if: (i) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (ii) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (iii) we believe that you have abused the Site by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
- With Your Consent. We may share your information with third parties with your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide the applicable information.
- Aggregate Information. We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances the applicable recipients of this aggregate information may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Information Collected by Third Parties through Third Party Links and Content
- Information You Provide When You Make a Donation through the Site
- Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button). The use of these features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
- Online Petitions
If you sign an online petition, you understand that the applicable petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide these petitions or compilations of petitions, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
- Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Third Parties
NYSDC takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Special Notice for Users Located Outside of the United States of America
- Children Under Age 13
The Site is not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 or the applicable age of majority without involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect or distribute personal information from or about children under the age of 13.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. [Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information.] Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
- Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from NYSDC by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications.