- Volunteer or internship experience in a campaign environment, or a history of issue advocacy and activism
- Creativity and a willingness to think outside the box
- A strong ability to demonstrate cultural competence and the skills needed to work meaningfully with those who are culturally different from the self; a commitment to fostering a positive working environment grounded in the ideals of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Highly organized and independent work style; a strong ability to multitask and communicate
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to build relationships, listen, collaborate, and lead with respect and professionalism
- Hit defined field goals, including and traditional grassroots voter contact metrics'
- Manage fellowship programs across campuses; recruit and onboard college fellows; oversee day-to-day tasks and progress-to-goal reporting
- Work with colleges to increase civic participation within the campus community
- Develop relationships with on-campus clubs and leaders to maximize student involvement
- Implement a digital-first social media strategy to engage students through creative, out-of-the box tactics about the importance of voter participation
Pay Range: $5,000/mo + benefits. Actual pay will vary based on various factors, including but not limited to experience.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and cover letter to apply
The New York State Democratic Party is an equal opportunity organization and we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, non-disqualifying disability, gender identity or expression, familial status, genetic information, veteran status, military status, or upon any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.